Your Living Room Makeover Guide
Is it time to give your living room a fresh look? Shopping for new furniture is exciting, but it can also be overwhelming, so you may be wondering where to start. We’ve developed this list of things to consider when you start shopping for new furniture. This guide might make it easier to determine what pieces of furniture you want to shop for and how to narrow your search. It’ll also tell you how to get rid of your old pieces in the easiest way possible with professional furniture removal.
Before You Shop For Your Furniture
Before you shop for your furniture, you need to look at some of the factors that will go into your purchase decision and take a few steps to make your future shopping experience smooth and painless.
- Talk about your budget. This is important for everyone, but especially important if you are buying furniture with someone else. Find a time to sit down and go over your finances to determine how much you will be willing to spend on your new furniture. Don’t wait until you’re in the store to decide what might be too expensive for you to spend. Know your limits ahead of time.
- Take pictures of your living room. Before you go shopping, it’s a good idea to have mobile pictures of your space with you. You’ll likely be looking at a lot of showrooms and a lot of items, so you’ll want to be able to better visualize how a piece of furniture would fit in your space by looking at pictures of your room. Try taking pictures from different angles to help you get the full picture.
- Write down any helpful measurements. Say you’re in a furniture store and you see the perfect sofa to match your vision for your new living room. It’s a lot wider than the sofa currently in your living room, but you think it would fit. Don’t get stuck in that situation. Take a list of room dimensions and and relevant measurements that you might need to refer to. You may not use these measurements at all, but it’s better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them!
- Brainstorm ideas of your vision. Do you have an idea of what you’re looking for? You should! If you aren’t sure, make a list of inspiration. What color schemes do you like? How many items of furniture do you need exactly? What style are you looking for? You could do research and see if you are particularly attracted to any pieces of furniture. Take pictures of these with you! It helps to have an image of your future living room in mind before you go shopping.
While You Shop For Your Furniture
Now you have your pictures and ideas ready to start shopping. We’re excited for what you might find and hope you see pieces of furniture that you love! You’re much more prepared to start shopping once you’ve completed the previous list, but there’s still ways to make your experience smoother while you shop.
- Take Notes. No, we don’t expect you to walk around furniture warehouses with a clipboard or legal pad, documenting everything you see. But, we do encourage you to write down where your favorite items were and how much they cost. If you’re going to visit several stores before making your decision, keep track of what was where. A simple note on your phone that reads “Ashley’s furniture–leather sectional $800″ will remind you how to find the items you loved earlier in the day.
- Don’t look at anything over your budget. You had the money talk for a reason! Don’t even consider anything that’s over that price point. Your search will actually be easier if you eliminate everything outside of your price range right away. This narrows your search and makes it easier to choose your furniture.
- Ask questions. It’s okay to ask any sales staff questions about the furniture you’re interested in. That’s why they’re there. If you’re not in a rush to buy the furniture, ask about upcoming sales. You can also ask about warranties, customization options, expected delivery, and anything else that you may be wondering.
After You Shop For Your Furniture
Now that you have purchased your new furniture for your living room, you probably can’t wait for it to come in! That still leaves one issue unsolved: what do you do with your old furniture? Luckily, Junk Crusaders can do full service furniture removal. If you need your old furniture removed the day before your expected furniture delivery, let us know and we’ll make it happen. We can get rid of any items that wold get in the way of your new furniture. If you need to clear out entire rooms, we can do that, too.
Just let us know how we can help with a furniture removal. Good luck shopping for your new living room! If you follow this guide, you’re guaranteed to feel less overwhelmed while you shop. Give us a call if there’s anything we can do for you!